Urine & Stool Samples
When dropping off a sample please ensure you have the necessary documentation provided by a clinician or the receptionist will ask you to complete a patient form. The Sample cannot be processed without.
If the doctor has requested that you bring a urine specimen or stool sample for testing, please follow the simple guidelines.
- We can only accept samples which are in appropriate sample containers, as using jars or containers from home could contaminate your sample. You can collect urine and stool sample bottles from reception.
- Ensure your specimen is labelled with your name, date of birth and the nature of the sample e.g. urine or sputum. Any sample not labelled will not be able to be identified by the nurse and will be disposed of.
- Drop your specimen/sample into reception before 3pm Monday to Friday. Any later and it will be too late for it to be sent into the laboratory.
- Urine results are available 4 working days after bringing in your sample.
- Stool samples have to be 'cultured' at the lab, and results can take up to two weeks.